Student Services Coordinator (Temp) - Azusa Pacific Seminary
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The primary function of this position is to serve as coordinator and administrator of student services for retention, registration, and maintenance of records for the Azusa Pacific Seminary masterís students on the Azusa Campus. .
* BA/BS required.
* Three to five years of administrative management experience relative to admissions, student services, registration, and/or student retention in a university setting.
* Develop and implement a proactive plan for student services, retention, and student care leading toward consistent progression of degree completion.
* Supervise APS Azusa Campus masters student files from admission through completion of degree.
* Track studentsí progress toward candidacy and submit names of students to the Admissions and Records Committee and faculty for approval.
* Track studentsí GPA and SAP standards for academic success. Identify students who need to be placed on academic probation or academic dismissal for all sites and programs. Request people soft reports from the registrar to ensure accurate information.
* Calculate GPA requirements for academic probation.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of APS/Graduate Center policies and procedures in order to serve as the primary point of contact between APS and the Graduate Center in matters of student services.
* Communicate graduate center policies and procedures to APS student coordinators as changes arise. Train employees on new procedures as necessary.
* Review transcripts for transfer credits and advanced standing. Prepare documentation for registrar Ė gather signatures as needed. Maintain current knowledge of ATS standards and catalog requirements
* Review APS student applications for admission and work directly with admissions representatives on questions in regards to transfer units, accreditation, and questions regarding the seminary and academic requirements.
* Review and complete Intent to Graduate forms for Azusa Students. Gather Dean or Directors signatures. Work directly with academics records coordinator (Graduate Registrar) as needed for exceptions, substitutions, and transfer credits.
* Develop and implement online academic advising via google drive. Train faculty and staff. Maintain FERPA standards.
* Create google drive training manual (policies/procedures) for all student services coordinators. Maintain/Update as changes arise.
* Update program planning forms as needed. Ensure all program forms complies with current graduate catalog.
* Advise students on academic progress. Work with students to map out plans for completing program.
* Work with Events Planner on Community Retreat and Urban Immersion Ė serve as liaison between students.
* Work with Director of Mentored Ministry to contact students as course changes occur-provide additional academic advising as necessary.
* Request people soft reports from registrar in regards to active, dismissed, and enrolled students each semester. Share with seminary staff.
* Work with Kern Faculty on student account information and financial aid.
* Assist scholarship coordinator with financial aid and FAFSA information and knowledge.
* Plan and facilitate New Student Orientation for fall and spring students.
* Coordinate the APS Commissioning service with Dean, faculty, and students in May and December.
* Coordinate MA(TS) oral defenses.
* Maintain records of admissions to the APS, and serve as a member of the Admissions and Records Committee.
* Help to advise students in program planning.
* Work with Marketing Director to plan and advertise student community gatherings.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements Please see job description