This scholarship/grant was graciously shared with you by:
Type of Award: $300/semester for four (4) years (or until graduation if less than four (4) years)
Award Bases: Scholastic achievement, character, participation in extracurricular activities, community involvement, and satisfactory personal interview.
Who May Apply: Any female/male Metropolitan Maryland high school senior, graduating in May/June of the current year, who has been accepted by Alabama State University or already attending Alabama State University.
Criteria: Applicant must:
• Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or more
• Have been active in extra-curricular and community activities
• Have three (3) letters of recommendation.
o High School Counselor / ASU Professor (academic / character)
o Community / Extra-curricular activities letter (involvement)
o Applicant’s choice; family members may not write letters of recommendation (character)
How To Apply: Send the following information:
• A completed application
• High School seniors: An official transcript of high school credits, including 11th and 12th grades; ASU students: ASU transcript
• Three (3) letters of recommendation
• A one-page essay (500 or more words, typewritten) describing the importance or need of having an alumni association/chapters and your contribution to the association/chapter upon graduation.
Send To: Maryland Metro Alumni Chapter
Attn: Scholarship Committee
6500 St. Ignatius Drive #304
Ft. Washington, Maryland 20744
Phone: (301) 567-3324 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: May 25th (Must be received by this date)
Please note: All sections of the application must be completed and all enclosures included in order to be considered.
Award check will be sent to the University upon receipt of official notice of enrollment.
Applicant must maintain a 2.5 grade point average in order to qualify for annual renewal of the award. A copy of your transcript must be sent to the scholarship committee each semester.