|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Company: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Employment Type: Full-Time
Date Posted: 10/28/2020
Expire Date: 12/28/2020
Job Categories: Information Technology
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met. Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship. Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Education or Experience. A high school diploma or equivalent; or at least 3 months experience. Certification. Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is required at grades GS-6 and above. Grade Determinations: In addition to the basic requirements for employment, the following criteria must be met when determining the grade of candidates: GS-6
(a) Experience. One year experience at the next lower level, and must fully meet the KSAs at the next lower level. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical KSAs and the potential to acquire the assignment specific KSAs designated by an asterisk (*):
(b) Certification. PTCB certification is required at this grade level and above.
(c) Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to solve problems and make recommendations, e.g., troubleshoot operational problems and refer for appropriate action.
2. Knowledge of the operation and care of automated equipment
3. Knowledge of, and ability to follow, written instructions for compounding with aseptic technique for hazardous materials such as oncology agents.
4. Knowledge, and ability to perform, compounding with aseptic technique for routine sterile products.
5. Knowledge of policies and procedures for inventory management in specialized areas such as emergency carts.
6. Knowledge of the computerized prescription process demonstrated by the ability to input prescriptions and medication orders. References: VA Handbook 5005/15, Part II, Appendix G28 The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-6. Physical Requirements: This position requires prolonged standing and walking with a moderate amount of stooping, reaching or lifting, and pushing or pulling. A technician may be required to lift, push/pull up to 40 pounds. A dispensing system may be used for varying lengths of time.