CBRE is creating and staffing the Technology Partner Alliance (“Alliance”) in direct pursuit of collaborative inter-company development, simplified and accelerated adoption of digital and IoT capabilities across the world’s largest real estate portfolio.
We are seeking leaders looking to put their relationships, digital, and business building skills to work on a team that will change the way the physical world is monitored, managed, and maintained. Your work will link multiple forward-thinking companies and will have immediate impacts on how buildings are and should be operated across the world – making environments safer, more sustainable, and enjoyable in the process.
At the core, this effort will align a curated group of globally-leading technology (digital-first) and technical (human-first) capabilities to deliver and market turn-key offerings providing more efficient, effective, and engaging client service offerings than any other corporate facilities, project or transaction manager.
The Alliance will launch with an initial focus on ‘Smart Buildings and Services’ whereby CBRE is seeking to develop a single, secure, and interoperable platform for alliance partners to openly collaborate on offering development and operation, integrate data flows, and ease client implementations.
The Alliance will allow invited companies to:
- Continue focus on their unique hardware, software, product or service
- Link with other trusted, secure, and reputable companies
- Participate in a continuum that provides turn-key solutions where technology can be implemented; data can be created, analyzed, and acted upon by machine or humans in a manner that makes a measurable difference in clients’ operations
Role: Managing Partner
Managing Partners (MP’s) will hold an executive relationship and lead our work with global companies bringing proven product development records and experienced leadership positioned to ensure client confidence in the solutions offered.
MP’s will be appointed for all participating companies. They will be business leaders first, and technically astute program and relationship managers second.
Each will be responsible for collaborating with CBRE and Partner organization sales, technology, and business executives to develop a holistic offering, identify and track specific growth opportunities, and deliver portfolio-scale programs with strategic financial and brand impact for CBRE.
MP’s will develop and enact go-to-market strategies for Alliance solutions, oversee integration of joint potential opportunities, and define strategies for continual offering evolution. The role requires a dynamic, high-energy, highly effective, and engaging leader with a strong foundation in business leadership, c-suite relationships centered on deep industry expertise, and a proven track record for working a matrixed reporting structure.
They will have measurable targets created and performance incented to execute on four primary goals:
- Deliver new and measurably differentiated client offerings via the Alliance
- Drive sustainable participation by, and growth for, their Partner Organizations
- Support seamless interactions and rapid adoptions of fellow Alliance partners’ offerings
- Create sustainable growth for CBRE
Each of the above will occur as part of a collective effort to develop and continually streamline the successful offering and paid client adoption of a tailored ecosystem of ‘smart buildings and services’.
Responsibility – Summary:
Managing Partners will lead, manage and execute on the Alliance’s strategic roadmap, goals and ambitions. They will serve as informed representatives of the global partnership between their Partner Organization and CBRE. The role will be a game changer on the current relationship between the two companies from a client-service provider arrangement to a strategic partnership.
There will be three primary responsibilities for the Managing Partner:
- Connect & Facilitate Partner Organization Stakeholders. Define, develop, and orchestrate all partner actions and offerings necessary to create a differentiated, interoperable and client-rewarding Alliance offering. This will entail coordination in technical development on any product changes needed, as well as joint go-to-market initiatives. They must orchestrate and coordinate across global teams and resources, ensuring that the best of partner organizations are brought to bear to help CBRE deliver their business goals.
- Strategize & Support Alliance Initiatives. Link with CBRE digital, operational, and sales leaders to ensure external offerings are interoperable and complimentary to new and existing CBRE digital platforms and business offerings. This includes hosting consultative digital workshops to ensure the Alliance can ‘build around’ and ‘connect to’ existing asset and technology investments wherever feasible.
- Solution, Sell & Implement Alliance Offerings. Drive and support coordinated efforts to ease client understanding and adoption of platforms, technologies and capabilities within the Alliance ecosystem. This includes direct sales, client ideation sessions, client consultation, meeting facilitation, and executive stakeholder coordination.
The Managing Partner must focus on value-creation and cost optimization for CBRE internally and for CBRE’s clients, who also become Partner Organization clients through adoption and implementation of Alliance solutions.
Responsibility – Detail:
- Define technologies, collaborating with business and engineering leads to determine viability of partnerships and make recommendations on needed / "in demand" technologies
- Identify and evaluate technology options for partnerships/co-creation in close collaboration with CBRE leadership across GWS
- Collaborate with engineering and product marketing across company to identify demands and prioritize – challenge needs, influence thinking, drive innovation. Incorporate priorities into technology and product roadmaps.
- Define enterprise demand and prioritize, including the building out and execution of a technical validation of the partnership ecosystem, resulting in improvement opportunities and rationalization
- Collaborate on the research, identification and screening of new joint venture and partnership opportunities - provides technology evaluation that aligns with strategic and partnership goals
- Analyze data and information and make recommendations to leadership about opportunities; lead discussions and present evaluation of potential opportunities to leadership. Articulate the strengths, weaknesses and risks of partnership opportunities
- Responsible for coordinating New Product Introductions (NPI) and go-to-market strategies with strategic partners, CBRE business leaders, as needed
- Develop implementation model and plan, working with engineering leadership to implement by definition of clear deliverables and milestones, tracking and documentation of progress of alliance
- Manage cross matrix connections and communications (between business units, digital solutions and marketing
- Think creatively about novel structures for accessing early innovation and novel structures for collaborating with innovation stakeholders
- Develop trustful relationships and solve potential conflicts with internal (e.g. Sales, Engineering & Product Management functions, Legal, and Communications) and/ or external stakeholders/ partners
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with the CBRE Alliance Director leading our account partnership with your client
- Be an Individual Contributor and a Team Leader
- Fully knowledgeable of the partner’s ecosystem of product offerings, strategic programs, and key leadership personnel
- Must be a master of the partner’s decision making structure and how to get things done by activating the right stakeholder / influencer
- Must be able to control all communications concerning B2B between the two organizations, retaining close alignment with the CBRE Alliance Director for all client CRE management needs
- Entrepreneurial mindset coupled with technical and business acumen; creative thinker that can connect strategic dots across the value-chain and products;
- Excellent organization, oral communication, writing and presentation skills;
- Negotiating and influencing skills;
- Basic understanding for Legal and Compliance topics;
- Experience in project management;
- Solution / goal and action oriented working style;
- Relationship management skills, comfortable with a diverse set of people, high integrity, able to handle cultural differences.
- Bachelor' degree is required. A preference in business, economics, finance or similar disciplines are preferred.
- Advanced Degree: Master's degree in sciences or MBA is strongly preferred but not required