|SYSTEMS SUPPORT ANALYST (IT)|
Company: Arizona State University
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/21/2021
Expire Date: 09/21/2021
Job Categories: Other
SYSTEMS SUPPORT ANALYST (IT)|
Systems Support Analyst (IT)
Arizona State University
Off-Campus: Mayo Clinic
ASU is the largest state university and has for 6 years in a row been recognized by US News and World Report as the most innovative university. The University Technology Office, (UTO) helps ASU create and maintain innovative technology solutions and services that advance learning and discovery at the University and is at the forefront of developing IT platforms and tools that add value to the student experience.
UTO Desktop Services is seeking a Systems Support Analyst for the ASU Health Futures Center. As part of the UTO, this position is responsible for providing endpoint support to students, faculty and staff by utilizing their hardware, software and broad IT troubleshooting expertise. In addition, this role provides timely support to site classrooms, conference rooms, and event spaces and helps generate proactive solutions for a variety of information technology needs. This position carries out day-to-day operations and ensures fulfillment of our service requirements as defined by our service partnership agreements. As with everyone in the UTO family, culture and communication are core responsibilities in this role.
$51,500 – $53,302 per year; DOE
• Takes responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs
• Prioritizes focus and adapts to a dynamic environment providing support where actively needed
• Collaborates routinely with other teams, vendors, and organizations to identify, plan, and implement solutions to a variety of small to moderate scale IT needs
• Provides guidance to staff, customer units, and the broader ASU community on IT best practices
• Resolves, escalates, and prioritizes IT support requests from students, staff, and faculty via chat, phone, email, tickets, etc.
• Triages and resolves technology-based issues in classrooms and conference rooms with rapid response time to facilitate learning
• Consults with users, additional teams and vendors on A/V support events and provides day of support as required
• Updates ticket system to reflect activities performed and status of requests to ensure timely completion of work orders by team in accordance with established policy
• Creates, updates, and maintains technical documentation and provides feedback for process improvement
• Supports multi-platform computer systems, peripherals, and mobile devices in accordance with department policy
• Troubleshoots hardware and software issues by performing a variety of diagnostic procedures to identify and implement appropriate corrective measures
• Provides software application assistance to end users as requested; replicates errors, configures settings of computers, printers, etc.
• Deploys software remotely via JAMF and SCCM in accordance with UTO standards and licensing
• Traces and troubleshoots network connectivity problems; escalating to appropriate support departments as warranted
• Develops and applies standard computer images with authorized software to computers to ensure a standard user experience
• Installs and/or replaces hardware and associated devices including, but not limited to: network cards, RAM and internal/external storage drives
• Refers warranty hardware problems to vendor for resolution via phone, online, or in person
• Maintains inventory of all laptops, desktop and peripheral equipment and accessories; initiates requests for replacements to ensure availability in accordance with established policy and standards
• Provides consultation on both hardware and software purchases
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or closely related AND four (4) years providing desktop diagnostic and trouble-shooting support; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Demonstrated ability to self-manage and adapt to current priorities while meeting the expectations of our service partnership agreements
• Experience working in a small team of IT technicians providing troubleshooting support for hardware and software IT issues
• Experience collaborating with customers and other support teams/vendors to develop and implement proactive solutions
• Demonstrated understanding of effective troubleshooting process and ability to implement creative solutions remotely and in person
• Experience providing technical customer service to a diverse customer base, preferably in an educational setting or similar environment
• Experience providing IT support via chat, phone, ticket, and in person support channels
• Experience routing support requests and monitoring team ticket metrics to ensure SPA obligations are met
• Ability to identify support improvement opportunities and to implement technology based solutions that improve user effectiveness and prevent future issues
• Demonstrated knowledge of SCCM, JAMF, ServiceNow and other relevant enterprise support technologies
• Experience supporting end users and A/V equipment for audio and video conferencing
• Experience supporting standardized lab and technology spaces
• Experience troubleshooting computer hardware, software, peripherals, printers, and other common office technologies
• Experience supporting Windows 10 and Mac operating systems
• Experience supporting a variety of email clients (i.e., Outlook, O365, Gmail and mobile device clients) for use with Exchange & Gmail and file storage solutions such as dropbox, one-drive, google drive.
• Experience supporting customers and computers in an enterprise networked environment using Active Directory, Group Policies, TCP/IP, Ethernet and wireless
• Evidence of effective communication with both technical and nontechnical customers
• Experience in modeling empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
• Experience working in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
• Experience in helping foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
• Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
• Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
• Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking; frequent physical demands may include stooping, bending, crawling under/around objects, reaching, lifting and pushing objects of varying weights up to 50 pounds; regularly required to work in cramped and enclosed areas and exposure to variations in temperature when deploying equipment.
• Regular review of completed tasks.
• Occupy office locations in remote locations when need arises. Office locations can be at Downtown, Mayo, Tempe, Polytechnic, West and Tucson.
The University Technology Office (UTO) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 69550BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4300815
Company Name: Arizona State University
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.