Company: Arizona State University
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/29/2021
Expire Date: 09/29/2021
Job Categories: Other
Arizona State University
Chief Information Office
ASU, a leading innovator in Higher Education, is committed to maintaining the most dynamic and productive learning experience in all of higher education. The University Technology Office (UTO) is looking for a qualified candidate to work within the Business and Finance Office. Under general supervision, the candidate provides expertise in a specific skill and/or service related to a program, project, initiative or area of a department/college in accordance with established goals and assignments.
As with everyone in the UTO family, culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role.
$40,000 - $44,500 per year; DOE
• Controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
• Processes reimbursements, purchase of supplies, services, and equipment with use of PCard and other purchasing documents in accordance with established procurement and financial policies.
• Responds to audit requests and gathers documentation for PCards, and financial records.
• Performs PCard reconciliations. Interacts and maintains liaison with staff and suppliers in facilitating objectives.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records and designing forms.
• Takes responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Demonstrated knowledge working in Workday Financial Management System.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in field of program, project, or initiative expertise.
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic project management.
• Experience in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and reports, including analysis and evaluation of budgets, planning and other management information systems.
• Experience in designing presentation materials.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Evidence in effective communication, both verbal and written.
• Higher Education experience
• Experience in modeling empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
• Experience hiring in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
• Experience in fostering a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
• Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
• Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
• Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25%).
• Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
• Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
• Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier.
• This position receives regular review of objectives.
The University Technology Office (UTO) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id#70040B or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobid=4316194#jobDetails=4316194_5494
Company Name: Arizona State University
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.