|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Sentinel (GBSD) Senior Principal Systems Test Engineer - 860-1|
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Roy, UT
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/04/2022
Expire Date: 08/24/2022
Job Categories: Computers, Software, Engineering, Government and Policy, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Insurance, Manufacturing and Production, Military, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Writing/Authoring
Sentinel (GBSD) Senior Principal Systems Test Engineer - 860-1|
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Systems Test Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel-Ground Based Strategic Deterrence (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints.
• Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test, test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems.
• Coordinates integrated testing activities.
• Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program.
• Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
• Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
• Interface with Air Force customer
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• 9 years of related experience with Bachelors; 7 years of related experience with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
• Prior experience or knowledge of system integration and test principles including software, hardware and document configuration management best practices
• Experience with data collection/instrumentation methods
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot anomalous hardware and software
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Active DOD Top Secret Clearance
• Knowledge of system integration and test principles and processes
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, DOORS database, requirements decomposition and allocation
• Understanding of Northrop Grumman test processes and tools
• Understanding of Model Based System Engineering principles, working experience with CAMEO
• Prior experience in missile program test planning
• Knowledge of CAMEO and/or MBSE principals
• Knowledge/experience with AF Test Directive 99-103
• Experience with ICBMs (MM, PK, Small Missile)
• Experience using common test and measurement equipment
• Understanding of process/procedure development, control and improvement for test conduct and planning
• Strong communication skills including technical writing and verbal communication
Salary Range: $98,700 USD - $148,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.