Xbox Hosts Successful Diversity Recruiting Event with HBCU CONNECT!
Posted By: Temeka Wilson on March 07, 2022 |
Thursday, March 3rd, Xbox and HBCU Connect partnered together to host a virtual hiring event. The Xbox brand is created and owned by Microsoft consisting of video game consoles, actual games, and streaming services. They are responsible for popular games, such as Halo.
At the virtual event, attendees heard from various teammates, including:
• Ron Brown – Studio Quality of Life Program Manager, 343 Industries
• Cierra McDonald – Principal Program Manager Lead, Xbox Portfolio Product Management
• Brittney Pettway – Senior Talent Pipeline Program Manager, Mojang Studios
• Hector Llanos – Xbox Software Engineer
• Corey Rogers – Xbox Software Engineer
• Timothy Olojede – Technical Program Manager
• Helene Aku Brown – Mojang Studios Business Program Manager
With over 230 attendees at the event, candidates listened to honest dialogue between the Xbox Team. Words of wisdom, such as ‘Trust Yourself,’ and ‘Be okay with unexpected opportunities and challenges’ were provided. It was also emphasized to know yourself as well as the industry you are looking to become a part of.
Here’s how to potentially land an interview:
• Upload your resume to our website: www.hbcuconnect.com/xbox
• The recruiting team is actively reviewing resumes now!
• Make sure your resume is up to date
• Feel free to check out the available roles on the Xbox careers page: Gaming Jobs | Microsoft Careers
You can also view the event’s recording at the top of the page.
Keep your eyes glued to HBCUConnect.com for more hiring opportunities with Microsoft and other companies!
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content