LinkedIn Hosts Successful Diversity Recruiting Event with HBCU CONNECT!
Posted By: Temeka Wilson on March 25, 2022 |
Thursday, March 24th, LinkedIn and HBCU CONNECT partnered to host a virtual diversity recruiting event. LinkedIn is a platform primarily used for professional networking and career development, but has also created a marketplace and tools for education. LinkedIn is ranked as the #1 trusted social platform and this event focused on all the elements that work to build tools in researching and developing libraries and consultative services for other developers to have what they need as they are building their own platform. LinkedIn has many facets!
At the virtual event, attendees heard from leaders, including:
• Eddie Bernard – Director, Performance Engineering
• Manoj Thakur – Senior Software Engineering Manager
• Rachael Holmes – Manager, Technical Program Management
• Nicole Atkinson Roach – Director, Media Productions
• Wale Obadimu, PhD – Site Reliability Engineer
• Tanvi Kolte – Manager, Information Security
With close to 150 attendees at the event, candidates learned that LinkedIn is a very open, welcoming, and encouraging organization that allows teammates to show up as their authentic selves.
This event took their panel discussions into various breakout sessions consisting of:
• LinkedIn Marketing Solutions (LMS): Drives the sponsored content ecosystem for LinkedIn feed and relevant third party surfaces
• LinkedIn Talent Solutions (LTS): The core of LinkedIn’s business and is the central piece of hiring, supporting products such as LinkedIn Recruiter, Jobs, Hiring Intelligence, Career Pages, and others
• Productivity Engineering: Builds engineering solutions that power LinkedIn’s business by driving technology vision, architecture, and design for systems that help the company deliver on major business processes
• Site Reliability Engineering: Fills the mission-critical role of ensuring that the complex, web-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale
• Information Security: To empower LinkedIn to create a secure and thriving platform for every member of the global workforce
Interested in working for LinkedIn? See some of the available roles:
• Software Engineer – Applications (LMS, LTS) - https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2983464...
• Software Engineer - iOS - https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2981974...
• Software Engineer – Android - https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2977248...
• Software Engineer – PE, InfoSec, & DPH - https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2981954...
• Site Reliability Engineer - https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2981920...
Be sure to connect with the above speakers on LinkedIn. You can also view the event’s recording at the top of the page.
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content