|Site Reliability Engineer - Infrastructure Raleigh/ Atlanta/ Charlotte|
Company: Truist Financial
Location: Raleigh, NC
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 02/24/2021
Expire Date: 04/24/2021
Job Categories: Banking, Financial Services, Web Technology
Site Reliability Engineer - Infrastructure Raleigh/ Atlanta/ Charlotte|
Serve as a lead engineer on numerous leading edge, complex state-of-the art technologies, theories, and/or techniques. A highly skilled Infrastructure Engineer in the organization; serves as leader, collaborator, innovator, role model, champion and subject matter expert
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
• Lead existing and emerging technology and development processes, ensuring that technologies and processes are aligned with the goals and strategies of the Truist business strategy.
• Develop/invent highly innovative PaaS and IaaS type solutions within multiple technologies, theories and/or techniques that affect IT strategy.
• Understand and train teammates on critical infrastructure platforms like: Openshift, Datapower, BPM, Microservices, WebSphere, Tomcat, Database(DB2, Oracle, SQL), messaging (MQ, Mulesoft), OS: Redhat/AIX/Windows, VMware, Cisco UCS, Netezza, Cisco Network devices(Switch, Load Balancer (F5), Nexus, EMC Storage/Backup, Docker, Cloud(Azure, AWS, Google)
• Use of “Chaos Engineering” (Gremlin) in order to build confidence in the systems capability to withstand unstable and unexpected conditions.
• Engineer will proactively build and implement services to make Operations teams better at their jobs. This can be anything from adjustments to monitoring and alerting to code changes in production.
• Engineer can be tasked with building a homegrown tool from scratch to help with weaknesses in software delivery or incident management.
• Must have an automation first mentality, identifying opportunities to eliminate manual tasks, increase resiliency, and focus on insuring critical business processes are available for client’s needs. (Python, Perl, Bash, .NET, PowerShell, Ansible, Chef, Terraform etc.)
• Build strong partnerships with senior management to drive development of TRUIST’s strategy across IT and other functions.
***Available Work Locations: Raleigh, NC; Charlotte, NC; and Atlanta, GA***
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree and five years of experience in development or application support or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
2. In- depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
3. Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
4. Ability to plan and manage projects.
5. Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
6. Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
7. Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
BB&T and SunTrust formed Truist with a shared purpose—to inspire and build better lives and communities. With our combined resources, collective passion, and commitment to innovation, we’re creating a better financial experience to help people and businesses achieve more. With 275 years of combined BB&T and SunTrust history, Truist serves approximately 12 million households with leading market share in many high-growth markets in the country. The company offers a wide range of services including retail, small business and commercial banking; asset management; capital markets; commercial real estate; corporate and institutional banking; insurance; mortgage; payments; specialized lending; and wealth management. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Truist is the sixth-largest commercial bank in the U.S.