|Analyst (Client Service Focused)|
Company: Choate, Hall & Stewart
Location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 03/01/2021
Expire Date: 05/01/2021
Job Categories: Financial Services
Analyst (Client Service Focused)|
Choate Investment Advisors (ChoateIA) is a registered investment advisor providing investment management advice to our clients and the trustees of our client families. ChoateIA seeks to deliver sustainable and attractive long-term investment results. We currently advise on $5.7 billion (as of January 2021) for our client families, and help design wealth strategies for billions more.
In an environment where our competitors increasingly look, act and think alike, ChoateIA is also built differently. ChoateIA is affiliated with Choate, Hall & Stewart, LLP, a law firm with an internationally recognized wealth management practice. ChoateIA’s investment expertise, working in collaboration with the law firm’s wealth management services, allows our group to deliver a fully-integrated family office for generations of families. ChoateIA balances risk and reward through sophisticated asset allocation modeling, selecting what we believe to be best-in-class investment vehicles and seeking to maximize long-term after-tax returns across a broad range of diversified asset classes. Our open architecture model provides access to best‐in‐class asset managers and securities. Our independent analysis allows us to be objective and to provide clients with unbiased evaluation and advice. The group brings the same approach to our clients’ existing and illiquid assets.
Job Summary & Functions:
ChoateIA offers clients independence, integration and institutional quality client service. As an Analyst you will work with our portfolio managers to provide exceptional client service. The position requires an ability to think outside the box, as no two clients are the same. This role requires a high level of attention to detail, the flexibility to work in structured and unstructured environments as well as an understanding of investment portfolios and financial planning. While no two days will look the same, primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintaining and helping execute client project plans
• Aiding portfolio managers with client communications
• Aiding in the creation of customized client presentations
• Proof reading client materials to ensure that all materials are properly formatted and error free
• Ad-hoc client projects
• Provide trading support as needed
• Produce investment materials in conjunction with team
A successful candidate will have the:
• Interest in and general knowledge of investments, key industry terms and broad financial concepts
• Ability to work as part of a team and take instruction from team members
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
• Ability to ask for help
• Exceptionally detail oriented and well organized, with the ability to effectively multi‐task and prioritize a large workload with professionalism
• Ability and desire to solve problems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Open-minded, flexible, and willing to listen to other people’s opinions
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to maintain databases and update financial data
• Bachelor’s Degree is required
• 2-5 years of experience in the investment field
• Demonstrated interest and aptitude in client service
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with experience using PowerPoint and Excel in a work environment
• Ability to multi‐task and adapt to changing priorities with limited oversight
• Must have minimal physical mobility. Position may occasionally require standing, walking, reaching, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
• Must have the ability to operate equipment such as a computer and copy machine.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and to read and follow detailed instructions.
• Must have the ability to prepare assorted documents and other related materials.
• Must have the ability to work in stressful conditions under time deadlines.
Company Name: Choate, Hall & Stewart