|Priority Campaign Manager|
Company: The Partnership Project
Location: Washington DC, DC
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/11/2021
Expire Date: 07/11/2021
Job Categories: Environmental
Priority Campaign Manager|
Priority Campaign Manager
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) has an immediate opening for a Priority Campaign Manager to run CAC’s Frontline Program – a key 2021 priority. Our goal is to ensure ‘surround sound’ organizing --- grassroots; grasstops; coalition; and local comms tightly coordinated with Hill intel and relationships to ensure key targets support major investments and ambitious standards to reduce climate pollution and help ensure good jobs and equitable outcomes for all communities. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Priority Campaign Manager will:
• Manage Frontline Program: Lead the effort on CAC’s Frontline District Work --- Execute the program -- updating the strategy as needed -- and coordinate across the campaign, including government relations, communications, and field operations; develop and implement district by district and overall strategies to support a cohesive integrated campaign that advances our overall goal of ensuring targets take strong action on climate; regularly track and report on our progress.
• Oversee District Campaigns: Assist in developing and operationalizing district plans as part of our broader campaign and political work. Adjust plans and pivots as targets react to key moments. Work directly with organizers and lobbyists focused in each district to ensure success.
• Campaign Support: Help develop internal and public-facing campaign materials; develop and ensure tight internal communications; and institute efficient and effective tracking to create accountability and ensure goals are met.
• Project Management: Drive campaign project development and management, including creating project timelines, regularly reporting on progress to internal and external stakeholders.
• Leadership: Will manage 1 direct report and up to 10 indirect, frontline organizing staff members.
• Fiscal Responsibility: Manage campaign budgets (MOU’s, grants, expenditure tracking, etc.).
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective, unbranded coalitions of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to win the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Government Affairs Manager is a member of the Coalition Team. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/.
Who You Are
A successful candidate for this position is a mission-driven, hardworking, manager who:
• Has 8 or more years of relevant experience in either issue advocacy, community organizing, field management, political strategy, or electoral campaigns with some of that time in a leadership position at the state and/or national level.
• Proven success in campaign development, implementation, and in leadership with a demonstrated ability to develop authentic relationships with all segments of a community.
• Is flexible, adaptable, self-motivated, and can prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Is a top-notch manager, trainer, and motivator able to work well with both junior organizers and experienced lobbyists.
• Thrives in a collaborative team environment – and is above all, a team player – but can also work independently with minimal supervision.
• Is a ‘systems thinker’ able to set specific goals, track progress, create models across districts and develop reporting and training tools to ensure success.
• Creative approach to planning and problem solving.
• Strong time management and priority-setting skills.
• Is an excellent communicator with strong writing and analytical skills.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google App equivalents, database/spreadsheet functions.
• Has database or CRM experience (e.g. QuickBase, VAN, Salesforce, etc.)
• Experience with SharePoint or other team-based platforms and video conference
• software (e.g. Zoom, UberConference, etc.).
• High degree of professionalism and cultural competency when dealing with diverse
• groups of people.
• Familiarity with environmental issues is a plus but not required.
How to Apply
Please visit The Griffin Partnership to submit your cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should express your specific interest in and qualifications for this role as well as respond to these questions:
Your cover letter should express your specific interest in and qualifications for this role as well as respond to these specific questions:
1) Why it is important for you to work for an organization committed to winning the climate crisis?
2) Have you worked on advocacy campaigns before and if so in what capacity?
3) What does it mean for you to have a commitment to social and environmental justice?
4) Tell us about a time when you built rapport with someone under difficult conditions and what you did to overcome those conditions?
Successful applicants will receive a phone screen conducted by staff of The Griffin Partnership. The next round of interviews will involve a virtual interview (over Zoom) with members of the Climate Action Campaign Hiring Team. After that interview, finalists will be asked to complete a skills-based exercise. There may be another interview before a successful applicant is chosen. This hiring process is on a fast track and applications may only be accepted for a limited period of time. We hope to have someone start the beginning of July or sooner.
If you require reasonable accommodations for a disability so that you may participate in the selection process, you are encouraged to contact Sybil R. Griffin at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (313) 549-5925.
The Fine Print
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, though our teams are currently working from home due to COVID-19. Travel may be required to field states 2-3 days, per quarter once it’s safe to travel.
The target salary for this position is $120,000 depending on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.