|PEOPLESOFT APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER|
Company: Arizona State University
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 09/17/2021
Expire Date: 11/17/2021
Job Categories: Other
PEOPLESOFT APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER|
PeopleSoft Applications Developer
Arizona State University
UTO ERP & Integ Engr Stu Inf
The PeopleSoft Applications Developer works closely and collaboratively with business functional users to comprehend business requirements; performs analysis, and provide system support. The PeopleSoft Applications Developer is responsible for software modification and development as well as the testing of PeopleSoft applications to meet business requirements and to ensure ongoing operational efficiency.
As with everyone in the UTO family, culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role.
Depends on experience
• Participates in the continued development of PeopleSoft’s Campus Solutions and/or Human Capital Management Application.
• Coordinates with users on modifications, fixes and implementation of new/existing functionality of the PeopleSoft system.
• Gathers and organizes information on problems or procedures; documents existing processes and systems and analyses data for possible improvements; recommends new or revised systems.
• Leads users in analyzing and defining system design input/output requirements, documents, forms and procedural flow between departments and/or divisions when developing and implementing PeopleSoft Administrative systems.
• Supports the design, development, programming, testing, installation and use of higher education applications.
• Designs and maintains processes to interface with data from PeopleSoft and a variety of other internal and external enterprise systems.
• Designs and programs procedures to ensure data integrity.
• Modifies and/or writes applications programming code as needed.
• Prepares reports summarizing findings, alternatives, and recommendations.
• Plans, schedules, and coordinates the implementation of new or modified administrative systems.
• Performs research, including conferring with PeopleSoft/Oracle, to resolve technical questions and problems related to the PeopleSoft applications.
• Confers with other UTO (University Technology Office) and other ASU department personnel in resolving problems involving program content, input/output requirements, and other procedural and technical matters.
• Prepares, promotes and adheres to written procedures, system specifications, programming guidelines, and other necessary documentation.
• Takes responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar with three (3) years' systems or programming experience OR equivalent combination of education & experience
• Ability to read, modify and create COBOL, SQR, Application Engine, and PeopleCode program logic
• Solid understanding of data structure/algorithms including, but not limited to: Arrays, Queues, Trees, Sorting
• Experience with relational databases including the ability to read & write SQL statements with complex joins
• Intermediate understanding of XML, JSON, Web-services using SOAP/REST, and creating integrations utilizing PeopleSoft Integration technologies
• Experience with PeopleSoft FLUID page development
• Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
• Experience hiring in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
• Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
• Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
• Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
• Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
• Use office equipment including a desktop computer.
• Lift up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
The University Technology Office (UTO) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 71933BR
Company Name: Arizona State University
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.