|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|GBSD Principal Full Stack Web Developer - 5678, 7865|
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Huntsville, AL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/22/2021
Expire Date: 10/05/2022
Job Categories: Computers, Software, Government and Policy, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Insurance, Internet/E-Commerce, Military, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology
GBSD Principal Full Stack Web Developer - 5678, 7865|
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Full Stack Web Developer. This position will be located in Huntsville, Alabama and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You'll Get To Do:
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled software developer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming. Full Stack Developers are responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties. Full Stack Developers will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidates responsibilities will include:
• Developing front end website architecture.
• Designing user interactions on web pages.
• Developing back end website applications.
• Creating servers and databases for functionality.
• Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
• Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
• Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
• Designing and developing APIs.
• Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
• Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
The successful candidate will:
• Apply extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Perform work without appreciable direction. Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
• Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• 5 Years of experience with a Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with a Masters; 0 Years with a PhD.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance with a re-investigation date in the last 5 years.
• U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP).
• Experience developing front end web architectures.
• Familiar with the Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration Tools.
• Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience with MERN stack development
• Experience with Agile development methodology
• Proficiency with server side languages such as Express, Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
• Experience working in a collaborative Agile development scrum team
Salary Range: $92,000 USD - $138,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.